Travelling with kids can be more challenging especially when it comes to the preparation. There are many things to prepare and you should decide which one is more important than other to bring without bringing heavy luggage. Flying with kids to reach your travel destination is also another challenge you have to deal with. Aside from the suitcase, you will need carry-on bag to put some important items into.
Necessary items to put into your carry-on bag
Flying with kids means you have more items to pack. Your carry-on bag will be needed in this matter because there are things you shouldn’t leave in the luggage and taking them with you on the plane. You and your kids may have different essentials but you need to be careful in choosing them. Choose things that you will truly needed during your flight as not to add unnecessary weight to your carry-on bag. Here are things you should put into your carry-on bag when flying with kids:
- Personal essentials and documents should always be put into your carry-on bag. They include wallet with its content, boarding pass, valuable, gadgets, reading materials, and of course hand phone. It is highly suggested to not bring jewelry or other expensive items when travelling with kids because your focus will be on your kids almost all the time and you don’t have time to keep your valuable, expensive items safe.
- If you have flight with older kids, they can choose their own essentials. However, younger children will need your help to pack their essentials. Things you should pack in your carry-on bag should be able to keep your kids occupied and entertained. Some suggestions are books, coloring books, tech gadgets, some toys, etc.
- It is also important to pack medications both yours and your kids in your carry-on bag. They shouldn’t be left in your suitcase just in case of emergencies. Therefore, if the checked bag is delayed or lost you don’t have to go to find pharmacy to replace your medication. If your kids are prone to motion sickness, always bring the medication so they can fly comfortably.
- Travelling with your kids means you will always have to deal with hygiene issue. Therefore, you need to tissue and wipes in your carry-on bag. It doesn’t define as germaphobe in any means. It is to keep you and your kids clean because there are definitely some spots on airplanes that full of germs.
- You also need to pack healthy snacks as well as empty water bottle in your carry-on bag. You need to make sure that your kids will stay hydrated throughout the flight. The snacks can also keep your kids away from going tantrum due to hunger. Even though the airplane usually provide foods during flight, it is better to pack healthy snacks from home yourself to make sure that what your kids are going to eat are healthy. Pack the snacks in zip-lock bags to keep them in place.